Helpful Hygiene Hints
- Practise good hygiene by washing hands with soap and water or alternative use a 70% alchol based sanitizer
- Disinfect premises on regular basis
- Seal any cracks, gaps and vents that may act as entry points through which pests can gain access to your stores
- It is important to employ basic housekeeping activities to get rid of pests in your stores, such as immediately cleaning spillages and food residues in the kitchen.
- Ensure that food is stored in containers so as not to attract pests.
- Make sure that outdoor refuse is kept in closed bins with tightly sealed lids.
- Conduct regular cleaning of concealed, warm areas such as behind the fridge, stove and microwave